Planning a wedding can be stressful: you are engaged to be married to the love of your life yet there are a thousand and one small tasks and different worrying areas which must be taken care of on your special day.
After planning, spending and dedicating so much time to your wedding, you don’t want to be stressed out or flustered during your church wedding. Least of all, you do not want your photographs to be stressful. Your photographs will be a lasting memory of the event and as such you want to have happy memories surrounding them!
But choosing a photographer can be an arduous task: how do you know he or she is the right man or woman for the job?
You know your wedding day is important. But is it the same in the eyes of your photographer? It had better be! 😉
Below are five-must-ask questions:
- Can I book you for a wedding one year from now? Make sure you book your church wedding photographer a minimum of six months and up to a year in advance. This gives you plenty time to go to their studio, look at their portfolio, discuss exactly what you want in your wedding photographs and state clearly what your budget is. This way the photographer will be comfortable months in advance with your requests.
- Can we take the formal portraits before the ceremony? This is a very important point. Often, taking formal, sedate portraits during your reception will take something a way from the lively and excited feel post-wedding. By having the formal portraits earlier on in the day, it means that this feeling of celebration won’t be ruined.
- Should I book a photographic assistant for our families? If you both have large and extensive families, you should consider giving a responsible (and possibly tee-total) family member the task of rounding up the required family members. This will somewhat take away from the photographer so that he or she can do his job well. If you appoint a relative from each side of the family, chances are they will know who most people are and will be able to convince them quickly to come and have their photo taken!
- Did I tell you about my Granddad? Make sure you avoid the photographer’s embarrassment by telling him of any relatives who have passed on.
- May I just clarify an aspect of the contract? Photography contracts are long and difficult to understand: make sure you understand everything! This could be from the size of the prints to the format of the photographs.
Once you have checked all of these aspects with us here at Roneyfield Photography, it is now time to stop worrying about the photos and take care of another aspect of your wedding!
Are You Looking For A Professional Wedding Photographer For Your Wonderful Wedding Day?
Your wedding day will only come once in a lifetime. It’s loads of planning and tons of stress. I remember my wedding planning and getting ready for that special day, one of the best days of my whole life. I know you are looking for a great photographer for your very special day. My name is Sara Roney and I am a professional full-time photographer. It would be my honor to help you with your wedding and engagement photos. I’d love to chat with you if you are in need of a good and friendly photographer. Here at Roneyfield Photography we like to keep things very simple.
We have simple hourly rates as well as fast turnaround time on photo delivery (always less than two week turnaround on all events/shoots). We never charge for any rights to the photos and we also never watermark the photos we send you! =) Photography is my passion and I consider it a pleasure to serve. My calendar fills up pretty fast so please shoot me a message sooner rather than later to reserve your dates. Feel free to call or text me at (703) 431-3765 or use our contact page here for more details.